You may have heard of “liquid facelifts”, a new type of treatment to make you look younger without invasive plastic surgery. There are creams and lotions that claim to lift and firm your skin just by rubbing them in. Unfortunately, these silver bullet products don’t live up to their hype, but there’s another type of treatment that is achieving results. Injectable products administered by qualified doctors can produce remarkable improvements.
Their goal is to wipe off several years of your face, rejuvenate the complexion and make it look more elastic and youthful. In spite of the temporary effects of a liquid facelift, women consider the cosmetic procedure is a lot more efficient than alternatives such as creams and lotions.
Results you can achieve
Using injectable filler products like Juvederm, and muscle immobilizers such as Botox, can definitely make your face look younger. They can minimize or eliminate lines around the lips, eyes, nose, and chin. They fill out and lift sagging skin, reducing the appearance of jowls. Crow’s feet can be erased, and minor asymmetries can be mitigated. They even remove bands around the neck that sometimes appear in middle age. Injectable products can achieve all of these results without the pain, risk, or downtime of surgery.
In the hands of a good physician, your results will be more subtle than a surgical facelift. An overdone treatment can make the face look frozen and unnatural, while an expert will make you look better and natural. You won’t find people asking if you’ve had some work done. Instead, you can expect compliments from friends and coworkers about how terrific you look. They won’t know exactly what’s different, but they’ll know that you look fantastic. This is the sign of a good doctor.
One thing to be aware of is that most of these injectable “liquid facelifts” are not permanent. (Fat transfers are the exception.) Depending on what product you select, you may need to repeat the treatment as often as every few months. Some products last longer, giving you a year or two before they need to be renewed.
Choosing the best solution
There are numerous different injectable treatments on the market. How can you decide what’s the best for you? After you made the decision to have a facelift, consult with physician and together find the procedure that best fits your requirements, budgets, and expectations. You can also do some research on your own; the internet is your oyster. Let’s see some common cosmetic interventions that can make you look 10 up to 20 years younger.
– Hyaluronic acid: some new filler products, such as Juvederm, Beloter, and Restylane, use hyaluronic acid. These products are gaining popularity, because hyaluronic acid occurs naturally in the body, so they are well tolerated with minimal allergy issues. These fillers may be more expensive than others, but they can last eight to ten months.
– Sculptra: the injectable product makes your body create its own collagen, so works better than injecting collagen directly; it is also a long lasting product.
– Collagen: collagen injections used to be popular, but have declined in usage. This treatment is more reactive than others, and there are better options on the market now, including using your own fat.
– Silicone: people used to inject silicone, but like collagen, this treatment is falling by the wayside in favor of better modern solutions.
– Fat grafting: Fat transfers use your own body fat to fill in a target area on your face. The technology has improved recently, and it’s now a cost-effective treatment. The big advantage of fat transfers is that they can produce a permanent change. Before going ahead with this, it’s wise to try one of the temporary options so you can make sure you like the results before making them permanent.
The bottom line is that there are a wide range of treatments out there for injectable liquid facelifts. Find a good physician who specializes in this type of treatment, and then discuss your options with them to select the one that’s best for you. In spite of all the benefits, it’s wise to assess the risks too; for the procedure to be carried out smoothly, a trusted doctor with a reputation will make sure your face stays away from potential threats such as infections and allergies.